There are some very important things to consider for someone that has decided to try a pay per click campaign. Pay per click campaigns are expensive to run and if you are not careful you can lose your entire marketing investment without much of a return. Any pay per click campaign needs to be considered an investment because you spend your funds on such a campaign in the hope of generating new sales. And if you fail your investment can be wiped out. A successful campaign takes careful preparation. Here are 7 things you need to consider for your campaign.
1. You need to know your product. There are many products out there for you to sell. But to sell a product successfully you should know it well. Your sales page needs to reflect that knowledge. Your goal is to build trust with potential customers. If you don’t know your product well then how can you be convincing enough to sell that product to others?
2. Set a budget for your pay per click campaign. A budget is important to your campaign. Just like any other marketing efforts you may conduct it is important to be able to measure success. Many pay per click campaigns fail but by sticking to your budget you have the opportunity to cut your losses if necessary instead of continuing to throw good money after bad.
3. Make sure you have a professional looking website or sales page. Many people fail in this area. The money you spend on your campaign is meant to entice someone to click a link that will take them to your website. Once they have done that then it is up to you. They will often stay or go based on how well a website is designed. If it is easy to navigate and gets to the point quickly visitors are more likely to stay. But if the design is poor and the website loads slowly then they probably won’t stick around.
4. Your ad is everything. If you are trying to attract visitors to a sales page then that page needs to have a clean design. Your job is to persuade your visitors to either purchase a product or sign up for something. But you can either win them over immediately or lose them forever. A poor website will lose them. And make sure your ad copy does the same thing. That little bit of text that is attached to your keywords can go a long way.
5. A successful pay per click campaign needs the right keywords. To start you should find about twenty or so keywords that you can test the effectiveness of. If possible check out what keywords other websites are using. Also consider niche keywords. And make sure you develop some key phrases. Many campaigns actually do better by focusing on niche areas for keyword bidding. This is because the pay per click cost is lower than it is for primary keywords.
6. Know how to bid for the keywords you need. Bidding high can drain your cash before you really have a chance to get started. Of course bidding too low won’t help you either. Bidding on keywords is a balancing act and you need to actively manage your campaign to maintain the proper balance.
7. Pay attention to the bottom line. Not all pay per click campaigns make money. And some don’t make enough to justify the effort. You need to know when to cut your losses. On the flip side you also need to know when it is prudent to invest more money into an already successful campaign. Because you want to build upon your success.
Running a successful pay per click campaign is not easy but it does offer many people and companies the best chance to succeed online. For companies that are serious about growing their online presence pay per click is a very necessary part of the marketing process. You can do it but you need to be properly prepared.