Have you ever checked out your iPhone’s App Retailer recently? How about Google Play?
I’ve seen landfills with higher curation.
With greater than two million apps out there on every retailer, individuals have a a lot better likelihood of discovering a pearl in an oyster than randomly stumbling upon your app. Regardless of how interesting it’s—irrespective of how entertaining and even life-changing—most individuals received’t uncover it and not using a strong advertising marketing campaign.
(And, to paraphrase Contently’s Bradley Little, going viral is not a method.)
Step one in advertising your iPhone or Android app is discovering the appropriate channels to market it. Utilizing Google Adverts’ Common App Campaigns (UAC) is a powerful place to begin, however many entrepreneurs get additional mileage from conventional PPC marketing campaign, social media advertising, app cross-promotion, and even e-mail blasts to publication subscribers.
In these circumstances, you’ll want a stellar touchdown web page to beat that hesitance all of us really feel about putting in one more piece of software program onto our telephones. For that reason, guaranteeing a buttery-smooth post-click expertise is prime to the app marketer’s toolbox.
Therefore this submit. These are a few of the greatest app touchdown web page examples on the market, all of ’em constructed with Unbounce. We need to spotlight how one can create a web page to advertise your personal cell app and, as importantly, why a well-designed touchdown web page could make all of the distinction. Alongside the best way, we’ll throw in our two cents about what units them aside.
So hop proper into the examples beneath, or preserve studying for a handful of greatest practices to get you began.
How you can construct app touchdown pages
In the event you’ve created a touchdown web page for any ol’ function, you could have encountered a few of this recommendation earlier than. But it surely’s price revisiting within the context of app advertising since some components achieve elevated significance whenever you’re hoping to attain some downloads. Let’s get began:
- Set up your conversion purpose first. As you’ll see from the examples beneath, an app touchdown web page will be lots of issues. It may be a easy obtain web page with hyperlinks on to the Android and iOS app shops. Or you may want your clients to subscribe to your service first. Or they could have to buy a bodily product for the app to work. Regardless, your conversion purpose could have a big influence in your calls-to-action, your copy, and even your design. So begin there.
- Begin with cell. In the event you’re like me, you default to desktop when constructing a brand new touchdown web page. (Our builder kinda sorta encourages it, to be truthful.) However since apps are designed primarily for telephones, it often is smart to create your cell model first. That method, you’ll higher set your self up for these guests who’re most probably to obtain your app.
- Hold their consideration. That is true of all touchdown pages, however app pages that encourage a direct obtain particularly profit from a 1:1 consideration ratio. So don’t give ’em the world. As a substitute, hit your guests with the important info they should convert.
- Present the system. Ideally, you need to present your app working on a tool that’s as comparable as doable to what clients are utilizing. Generally that’s an iPhone. Generally it’s an Android cellphone. It’ll differ relying on use circumstances, the marketing campaign you’re working, and the sorts of shoppers you courtroom.
The very best app touchdown web page examples
Aaptiv (Business: Health)
How Aaptiv nails it: Design your app touchdown web page in a different way for desktop versus cell units.
Aaptiv is a reputation that ensures this app will seem on the prime of any alphabetical checklist. (Ahem, like this one.) However abecedarian branding just isn’t sufficient to ensure discovery. As a substitute, having a robust advertising marketing campaign, complemented by fastidiously focused app touchdown pages like this one, will help quite a bit. This specific web page focuses on employers who would possibly need to embrace an Aaptiv account as a part of their firm’s wellness plan.
Why it really works:
- Embrace big-name purchasers. The testimonial from an current Aaptiv member speaks to the pliability of the app in addition to the motivation it offers. I adore it. However for employers, logos from prestigious manufacturers like Starbucks and Amazon may be much more important. If I need my workers to really feel like they work for a first-class firm, I actually can’t do higher than matching my wellness choices with some large names.
- Design for the system. We’ve included screenshots of each variations of the touchdown web page right here to focus on the variations between them. For example, the desktop model has a helpful breakdown of a few of the app’s options. It additionally features a few additional visuals that the cell model tosses in favor of speedier hundreds. This ensures each variations are lightning-fast—and each nonetheless appear to be 1,000,000 bucks—irrespective of the system that guests are utilizing.
- Readability exhibits confidence. Once you’ve acquired one thing genuinely scorching to indicate off, as Aaptiv does, it’s greatest to let your product communicate for itself. That’s why the copy right here is so simple. Within the desktop model, Aaptiv’s pitch consists of screenshots and duplicate that exhibit distinctive packages, professional trainers, and customized monitoring in motion. And that’s far more efficient than flouncy language.
Superior Producer (Business: Actual Property)
How Superior Producer nails it: Minimize down on frustration by texting your desktop guests a obtain hyperlink.
The Superior Producer Cellular App by Superior Fee doubles as an academic device and a time-saver for REALTORS® utilizing the corporate’s fee lending service. Although they produce other pages for cell campaigns, this one’s designed particularly for desktop viewing. Let’s check out a few of the sensible decisions they’ve made in creating it.
Why it really works:
- Use texting to get them downloading. How do you guarantee a obtain should you’re placing a touchdown web page collectively for desktop viewing? In any case, if guests don’t have distant app set up arrange—and never many do—clicking a hyperlink to both app retailer from a desktop results in an error message. That’s… not good. Superior Producer cleverly will get round this downside by sending an SMS on to their cellphone.
- Use highly effective language. REALTORS® are a aggressive bunch, and so they don’t have time to waste on namby-pamby apps. Each copy and design right here respect that. It’s not only a matter of utilizing forceful phrases (“dominate your market,” “devour pages of pro-level ideas”) but additionally of being direct and to the purpose.
- Say what platforms you assist. For some time, it appeared app builders have been all about Apple. However since Android telephones outnumber iPhones within the US, it’s a good suggestion to let your guests know that your app is downloadable on Google Play in addition to within the iTunes app retailer (assuming, y’know, that’s really true).
Cameo (Business: Expertise)
How Cameo nails it: Present your app in motion.
Cameo’s distinctive service: personalised shoutouts from celebrities, athletes, and influencers which you could ship to your mates, household, or coworkers. Expertise earn cash for a minute of their time, and clients get the fun of a lifetime. It’s an enthralling thought, and an easy-to-use app lies on the coronary heart of it. Belief me, your mother will love these birthday needs from RiFF RAFF.
Based on Tyler Mabery, the designer from KlientBoost who created this web page, the problem was letting customers know tips on how to use Cameo:
I made a bit that explains the three steps in getting a Cameo in order that customers know precisely how the service works. I made a decision to have it peeking above the fold in order that customers would scroll down extra to learn concerning the service. It labored and this web page is getting an 85% click-through fee.
Why it really works:
- Hold-it-simple steps. As Mabery says, the web page isn’t shy about letting customers know precisely the way it works. In Cameo’s case, you don’t want a level in rocket science to know the app—browse expertise, ebook expertise, get yer video from expertise. 1-2-Three. However that’s the purpose. It’s straightforward. Itemizing steps when it’s easy reinforces simplicity.
- Present them the way it works. It’s not all the time doable to focus on every part your app does. However intelligent use of animation or video can exhibit both performance or outcomes. Right here, as an illustration, Cameo offers a pattern from “Mr. Fantastic” himself, Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary. One other video, exhibiting a fan’s response to a message from Cody Ko, is much more highly effective. (And, yeah, I needed to look him up too.)
- “What’s it good for?”That’s the form of query that lots of entrepreneurs neglect to reply about their merchandise. Cameo’s app touchdown web page makes use of lots of area to speak its many makes use of. They even present full of life, humorous examples—“Have Chris Harrison give a present higher than ‘the Last Rose’”—that encourage creativity and enjoyable.
Carly (Business: Automotive)
How Carly nails it: Design a touchdown web page that really suits your providing.
Some apps simply set up and go. In these circumstances, simply offering a obtain hyperlink will be the only option. (Although it’s best to take care that your app touchdown web page doesn’t find yourself wanting generic.) However like many refined instruments, Carly’s “linked automotive” wants somewhat one thing additional to unlock your automotive’s hidden options. For that reason, they’ve designed a web page that funnels potential clients into the appropriate checkout circulation for his or her wants.
Why it really works:
- Provide choices (if you must). Now, often Unbounce recommends preserving your touchdown pages targeted on a single name to motion. However right here’s one other method. Since it may be a problem to precisely goal prospects primarily based on the automotive they drive, Carly’s web page options seven buttons. Clicking on one takes you to a store web page that matches your wants. (Hitting a retailer web page straight away may be jarring, although, so it’d be price testing what would possibly occur if guests are funneled to a second-stage touchdown web page tailor-made to every producer.)
- Hold the attention transferring down. Ideally, a customer would instantly examine to see if Carly helps their vehicle. Then they’d purchase the system. However conversions not often work out that method. (We want they did!) For the unconvinced, an animated arrow retains them scrolling to a extra detailed rundown of the product, its advantages, and a few crystal clear illustrations of what it may do.
- Underneath the affect. I don’t know the very first thing about Beemers. (I take the bus to work most days.) However Justin Buice does. He’s an influencer who runs a profitable channel devoted to customizing and upgrading BMWs, and his YouTube video is featured instead of a testimonial on this web page. If I have been to inform you that Carly rocks, you’d probably scoff. (“Take a hike, bus boy!”) However the identical declare from somebody like Justin will persuade you.
Crash Detech (Business: Automotive Security)
How Crash Detech nails it: Present free alternate options to paid providers.
South Africa has a few of the most harmful roads on the planet, and Crash Detech helps preserve drivers secure by alerting emergency responders. However even a life-saving thought wants an excellent advertising marketing campaign behind it. That’s the place this app touchdown web page is available in. It’s really the second step of a “free medical id” marketing campaign that’s designed to encourage subscriptions to the service.
The corporate’s CEO, Jaco Gerrits, offers somewhat context about the way it works:
Our principal goal is to transform customers on our paid subscription, however we additionally provide another the place they may ‘attempt the app free of charge.’ As soon as the person clicks the CTA, a welcome SMS/Textual content is shipped with a hyperlink to our app, encouraging customers to obtain and sign-in. We then use automation strategies to retarget customers who haven’t downloaded and signed in to the app, to additional enhance our conversion charges.
Why it really works:
- Provide a free various. There are two buttons right here, permitting guests to both join the paid subscription now or to get a free model of the service. Onboarding individuals into your app with restricted performance (or utilizing a free trial) does two issues. First, it lets them attempt earlier than they purchase. And, second, it begins a lead nurturing technique that’ll ultimately convert many unpaid customers into paying clients.
- The promise of security. Security and safety will be highly effective motivators, as they’re all through this web page. Based on Gerrits, the copy right here instantly establishes “a powerful reference to the customer utilizing emotive header textual content. Our sub-header summarises our advantages, offering an answer to maintain you each secure and safe.”
- Use media protection as a supply of credibility. In the event you’ve been fortunate sufficient to be featured on native or worldwide information—for good causes, I hope—together with it in your touchdown web page, as Crash Detech does, can lend you legitimacy and overcome skepticism. (In an age of ‘faux information,’ it’s greatest to go along with essentially the most dependable sources you possibly can.)
Fireplace (Business: Residence Renovation/Financing)
How Fireplace nails it: Hold it easy to maintain guests targeted.
Fireplace provides fast, reasonably priced financing for residence renovations. In addition they work in partnership with contractors to assist join potential clients to lenders and shut extra gross sales. That’s the place this app is available in: it permits individuals to pre-qualify for a renovation mortgage throughout an on-site go to (or at another time, actually).
Why it really works:
- Simply the necessities. In the event you’re a inventive, it may be straightforward to get carried away including bells and whistles to your touchdown pages. The reality is, Fireplace has different pages on their web site that do lots of the persuading. This touchdown web page has one function—encouraging current subscribers to obtain their app—and it does that cleanly and immediately.
- Buttons above the fold. It’s quite common to see an app touchdown web page that forces customers to scroll to discover a obtain hyperlink. Fireplace neatly chooses to place them each close to the highest. In addition they preserve them massive and spaced aside to beat the “large palms, small system” situation that plagues contractors.
- Lighten the load. At Unbounce, now we have quite a bit to say concerning the significance of velocity. However velocity is doubly vital for cell app touchdown pages. Once you entry this web page on a cellphone, you discover how snappy it hundreds (in about 2 seconds). That’s as a result of Fireplace retains it gentle for smartphone customers by resisting the urge to incorporate pointless content material (like, as an illustration, an animated .gif exhibiting the app in movement).
Ibotta (Business: Retail Rewards)
How Ibotta nails it: Use a easy web page as a gateway to extra cell engagement.
Ibotta guarantees actual money again whenever you make purchases at collaborating retail shops. The app permits customers to scan receipts, hyperlink their loyalty playing cards, and even make purchases immediately from their telephones. As a result of there’s a good bit of onboarding concerned, nonetheless, they use easy app touchdown pages like this one as gateways to a extra detailed sign-up. (Additionally, say their identify aloud for at present’s ‘aha!’ second.)
Why it really works:
- Easy doesn’t imply silent. Like the instance from Fireplace above, Ibotta’s app touchdown web page seems to be fairly primary. However simply take into consideration how a lot they’re saying on this web page with a pair dozen phrases. First, their promise is crystal clear: “Earn Money Again on On a regular basis Purchases.” Then, they sweeten the cope with the promise of a bonus for signing up. Even the button reminds you that the app is free to make use of.
- Minimize it quick. In the event you take a look at the entire web page, then you definately’ll discover that Ibotta solely hassle to incorporate the highest third of the cellphone right here. Past what you possibly can see when the web page hundreds, the truth is, there’s nothing however the footer. This retains the web page gentle and targeted. It additionally signifies that the choice to obtain Ibotta—whether or not you click on the button or on the footer hyperlink—is by no means not on the display screen. Genius!
- Downloading the app is simply the beginning. For Ibotta to succeed, they want customers to get aboard that candy cell engagement loop and begin utilizing their app on the common. For that reason, clicking brings guests to a extra detailed sign-up web page (the place they will create an account utilizing Fb or Google) that additionally serves to raised onboard subscribers.
Overwolf (Business: Gaming/esports)
Contemplating the dimensions of the gaming trade, ‘area of interest’ is unquestionably not the appropriate phrase to explain Overwolf’s goal market. However this touchdown web page is a killer instance of simply how participating a selected demographic goes past witty copy and sharp design. As a part of a cross-promotion with 20th Century Fox’s The Child Who Would Be King, Overwolf has crafted an expertise that speaks on to youthful players who make up the viewers of this movie.
Overwolf’s Communications and Content material Supervisor, Shay Zeldis, lays out the technique intimately:
It’s a web page constructed for gamers of CS:GO, League of Legends, and Rocket League, with robust incentives and gaming prizes, in a examined format that will increase conversions. To drive visitors and players who’re able to take part, we targeted on neighborhood, social and video channels, with related supplies hyping up players even earlier than they land within the web page.
Why it really works:
- Gamify your app obtain. This isn’t only a touchdown web page, it’s a problem. How do you get began in your path to glory? You obtain Overwolf’s Sport Abstract app, win a match of one in every of three common video games, then share the outcomes on Twitter. It’s an excellent solution to incentivize downloading and displays the aggressive spirit of esports.
- Lean into cross-promotion. The tie-in with The Child Who Would Be King goes past simply utilizing a emblem. The copy right here blends Arthurian legend (“Set out on a magical journey”) with how players communicate to at least one one other (missions, customized video games, eliminations, targets) to create a way of enjoyable.
- Choose the appropriate social channels. As CEO Uri Marchand put it in a latest Medium submit, “manufacturers making an attempt to succeed in players in the identical methods they method random web site guests rapidly study their mistake.” Overwolf, as an illustration, has discovered to hit the neighborhood and social channels the place younger players really congregate. For instance, they created these superior promo and response movies on YouTube that hype earlier than they ever see the touchdown web page itself.
Don’t wait in your app to be found
You’re a SaaS firm on the lookout for subscriptions to develop your online business? Cool. An indie recreation designer hoping to launch the following Flappy Chook? Nice. Simply producing advert income by offering a free device? That’s terrific. In any case, making a mobile-responsive app touchdown web page is an effective way to introduce your self to an app-hungry public.
As of late, there’s a formidable selection to companies which might be on the market selling an app of some kind. Generally it’s the very core of what they do. Different instances, it’s an add-on that enhances an current service. For some apps, a clear obtain web page and a tightly run PPC marketing campaign are all that’s wanted to strike digital gold. However others require extremely nuanced design, whip-smart workarounds, or Gary Kasparov ranges of technique.
(I’d enterprise to say you’ve seen all three within the examples above.)
No matter your method, and no matter your app is promising, you’ll want to face out from the competitors. An app advertising marketing campaign that features a few spiffy touchdown pages is your greatest wager in kickin’ off that cell engagement loop.
Greatest touchdown pages for apps: associated content material
I simply blasted you with a ton of data, however there’s extra to study! If you would like your touchdown web page to carry out like Queen at LIVE AID in ‘85—sorry, simply watched that film—then you definately want a kick-butt conversion system. The items beneath ought to assist with that:
- Earlier than you change individuals in your web page, you gotta get them to your web page: Learn Brad Smith on how one can transfer past PPC greatest practices.
- Haven’t constructed a web page but? Unbounce and Skillshare have you ever lined:
A Free Video Crash Course from Unbounce and Skillshare
- Lastly, that is for these of us who simply need somewhat extra inspiration in our lives: Listed below are the perfect touchdown web page examples in your swipe file.