A huge market
Facebook is currently the third most visited site online as indicated by Alexa.com. Global internet users have reached 1.7 billion people according to the 2009 stats on online users. 29% of global internet users (510 million people) visit facebook. Any serious internet marketer must learn how to market on Facebook to create leads for their business opportunity.
Network marketers the globe over jumped in, to market to all the thousands of Facebook users and all the other social networking sites. The problem with most of the Facebook marketing strategies is that it is very in your face and can be very annoying to the Facebook user.
Read on to get some Facebook marketing tips that will assure you success and stop you from annoying people.
Take off the billboard around your neck
Think about it. What is Facebook? It is no different to a club or a party. A place to run into new people.
Have you really thought about your Facebook marketing strategy before you started marketing on Facebook? Everyone seems to follow the trend to do active marketing by adding many friends daily. What is the purpose to invite someone as a friend only to tell them about your business when they say yes to your “request to be a friend”?
NO one attends a party with a billboard around their neck stating: ” Hi I am so and so and I sell this or that”. You will be tagged as weird and everyone will avoid this “strange person” at the party. It is sad that in the online world we continually do what we will perceive as strange in the real world -we talk about our businesses all the time to everyone even if we have just met them. This is appalling but happening daily on Twitter and Facebook and other social media sites. We teach our downlines to do the same and to hunt down new friends only to hand our business cards to them. Take off the advertising board on your back and be a real friend and leader.
Connect with people and build relationships
The reality is, people are on Facebook to build relationships and connect with other people with similar interest. They do not care about your business and they do not want anyone to sell them business opportunities all the time. Unless they know you, they also don’t care about you. They choose to connect with people that interest them. Most people are naturally attracted to a leader. A leader is different, adds value and do things different to anyone else.
Use Facebook to promote yourself as the leader you ARE and show the value you have to offer. But be real and be a real person. Let attraction marketing work for you.
Six tips for success in Facebook marketing
Here are 6 tips that will assist you to use Facebook as a marketing tool without annoying your friends
1. Ensure your profile information says who you are and what you stand for. Keep it brief and truthful. Leave the hype and the sales pitches.
2. Do not put your mlm company replicated website link in the website field of your profile. Rather put a link to your blog where they can connect with you and learn more about YOU.
3. Think about your business and your own unique selling proposition. Why would somebody join you in your business? The answer to this question is critical to your success. Make a 20 word summary of who you are and add it to your profile. If you do not have an answer, this is probably the reason for not being successful.
4. There is no point to add hundreds of friends daily if you have no intention to connect with them.
5. If you have an active Twitter account where you tweet many times in one day, do not connect Twitter and Facebook. You will surely irritate and annoy your facebook friends if you have hundreds of status updates daily.
6. Make an effort to search for people on your opt-in list by searching for their e-mails and request them to connect with you on Facebook.This will make your e-mail stand out from the 20 other e-mails they receive from other lists and will increase your e-mail reading rate.Most people open e-mails from their friends first.
I use Facebook marketing in conjunction with my other marketing strategies. Applying these few fundemental tips will add a lot of great friends (with an added bonus of converting many into leads), make you a LOT of money and all that without annoying your Facebook friends!
Jim Chao , my mentor, has made an exclusive free webinar on Facebook Marketing Tips. This is very valuable and offers a new strategy to help you to stand out from 99% of other network marketers using Facebook for marketing. Jim believes in building relationships and connecting before marketing and will show you you how to, as well.